Subject: i386 bootable CD-ROM
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/2000 15:29:35
I've been trying to make a bootable CD-ROM of -current (with the RPC
fixes before you ask) and I've hit some problems.

I built a release OK and tried to use mkhyrid as stated in the FAQ, but
this wouldn't work for two reasons:

- in current the file is in a floppies directory and not floppy (minor
problem)
- the boot-big.fs is now ustarfs and not a floppy image. (bigger
problem)

So I looked into catching the build of boot-big.fs before it gets
stripped down, but this just gave me a bootable CD that continuously
asks for disk number 2 to be inserted.

Can someone point me in the right direction here please.

Nick