Subject: Re: warning: d-link 530TX+ cards are no longer "vr"s.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2000 18:23:10
In message <20000613191327.A11930@rek.tjls.com>, Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
>our various drivers leads me to believe it, "ex" (which has its
>own problems), and "fxp" are the only ones with alignment
>constraints sufficiently lax that copying packets is never
>required.  So I'm still looking for a decent 100baseTX card
>for servers that's cheap.

Yeah, I'm really bummed about the death of the 530TX too.  I have seen a
few in online stores, and I bought myself a couple of extras against future
need.  :)

I've been leaning towards the Intel EtherExpress family.  They're a little
pricey, but I've never seen much trouble with them.  I just added "support"
for the "InBusiness" card to the BSDI driver.  (e.g., I hacked in a secondary
PCI device ID.)

-s