Subject: Re: IPsec and key length
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2000 23:52:07
>>  you need to use
>>	pkgsrc/security/racoon for the NetBSD side.
>I've been wondering about this for awhile - racoon used to be in the base
>system, right? Why was it put into pkgsrc? (Sorry in advance if I missed
>some earlier mail about it - sometimes I'm a bit overzealous about cleaning
>out my inbox when I'm behind...)

	because it is not ready for its prime time.  we (KAME) expect to have
	many backward-incompatible changes/enhancements, and putting it to
	base system would cause us a big headache.
	(we don't take backward-compatibility lightly - it is just that the
	requirement for base system code is too high for racoon)

itojun