Subject: new rpc code: what am I doing wrong ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/2000 20:37:16
Hi,
I tried upgrading my system today, and I've troubles with the new rpc code:
I followed the instrutions Franck posted here, and then I did a 'make build'.
When rpcbind starts, it prints:
Jun 12 20:29:01 armandeche rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Jun 12 20:29:01 armandeche rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp6: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Jun 12 20:29:01 armandeche rpcbind: cannot get local address for udp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
Jun 12 20:29:01 armandeche rpcbind: cannot get local address for tcp: servname not supported for ai_socktype

Other rpc services (e.g. mountd) start without complains, but they're
unreachable (showmount -e from local or remote host time out).
(BTW, starting mountd prints:
armandeche:/#mountd
mountd in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
mountd in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
I'm not sure this is related, other rpc programs don't complain).

rpcinfo -p says:
armandeche:/#rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port  service
    100000    4     0    111  portmapper
    100000    3     0    111  portmapper
    100000    2     0    111  portmapper

Only the portmapper is here.
I have an up-to-date /etc/netconfig, ipv6 is enabled in kernel
(although only the link-local addr if here, there's no router on this
ethernet).

Any idea ?
I'm re-running a make build rigth now, in case something got screwed
the first time ...