Subject: Re: Rescue floppy images (was: CVS commit: basesrc)
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2000 21:21:58
According to Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no:

>It's not anymore.  It's on the rescue floppy images, though.

Yeah I know, one of the dangers of having a reverse-date sorted
mailbox :-/

>Hm, not sure that's right.  Restore/rrestore uses the rcmd(3)
>interface to access remote tape drives, and not rsh.

Yes, rrestore does use rcmd from what I can see.  All I can say is
that a couple of times I have managed to score a more up to date
lapdog model at work, I back up the old one using dump to my Sun
workstation that has a tape drive.  When I try to do the rrestore to
the new machine it fails, I cannot recall the exact message as I have
not done this for a while but it indicated that it could not run the
remote rmt process (despite me using the same IP address on the new
machine that allowed me to previously write the tape).  In these
instances I have done a minimal install and then restored from tape.