Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2000 10:54:06
[ On Wednesday, June 7, 2000 at 16:43:34 (-0700), John Nemeth wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
>
>      I also have a 1.3.2 box in production, on which I just tried to
> install the latest pkgsrc last week.  Like Mason, I just haven't had
> time to upgrade it, especially since it has a number of
> customisations.  It will probably be upgraded to 1.5 at some point, but
> not immediately.
>
>      BTW, although Greg Woods hasn't commented on this thread yet, if I
> recall right he runs some pretty old machines too.

Indeed I do!  ;-)

I've got find time to upgrade my main server at home from 1.3.2 to 1.4.x
and we've also got clients running everything from 1.3.2 and newer.  I
still build binary packages for 1.3.3/i386 for one client who's still
due to upgrade before 1.5 would be stable enough for my tastes so
they'll likely go to 1.4.3.  I'm kind of dreading having to re-build so
many packages on my sparc-2, though the usage profile of that machine
has changed enough that not as many end-user applications are needed on
it any more....

My local copy of pkgsrc is diverging quite a bit from what's in the
NetBSD CVS repository these days though, and not just because it's out
of date.  I'm due to try re-sync'ing again fairly soon and I'm sure some
changes are suitable for submission to NetBSD but there seems to be
unspoken resistance to at least some of the ideas I've implemented for
my own use, which of course makes it a lot harder for me to separate
at least some kinds of fixes.

--
							Greg A. Woods