Subject: Re: build fails in rpc.bootparamd
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2000 23:26:24
	From:  Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
	Date:  Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:12:25 +0200

> See also the instructions I posted to upgrade for the new RPC code
> (to which, btw, I forgot to add one thing: also install a new
> /etc/services first):

> You must rebuild rpcgen first. Install it, then cd src/lib/librpcsvc ;
> make cleandir all install

I was trying to build a new release, separate from what I have installed, which I
would then install on a new machine (I conveniently have 6 sitting here at the
moment) while leaving my current (1.4X) machine mostly untouched for the moment.
I had to update make to get this far (not surprisingly) so if I also update
rpcgen will that be enough?

cheers
mark