Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: None <thorpej@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 16:31:17
On Sep 23,  2:20am, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
}
} Module Name:	basesrc
} Committed By:	thorpej
} Date:		Wed Jun  7 21:13:13 UTC 2000
}
} Modified Files:
} 	basesrc/distrib/i386/floppies/ramdisk: list ramdiskbin.conf
}
} Log Message:
} Remove restore(8).  It doens't belong on install media, and if we
} want to provide that functionality, we can do it some other way.

     I would disagree with this comment.  It is useful for somebody
that wants to recover/rebuild a system that has been thoroughly
toasted.  Since TNF doesn't supply recover disk images, just install
images, restore(8) should be on the install image.  The only reason to
remove it would be if this pushed the install image into a three disk
set.

}-- End of excerpt from Jason R Thorpe