Subject: Re: rpcbind trouble - Linux cannot mount nfs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 10:49:12
On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 04:31:35AM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> According to all the documentation that I have, Linux also uses udp by
> default, but even telling it explicitly to use udp and _not_ to use
> tcp did not change a thing.

It was definitely using tcp, I ran tcpdump while attempting to mount
from an RH 6 system. It could have been using tcp just to get the
initial filehandle from the mountd, and later switch to udp for
the actual NFS calls, but that would be a bit weird.

Mounting worked for me when I tried it, from Solaris 8, NetBSD 1.4.2.
Unfortunately I did not have a change to try Linux again (and it was late),
but I can't see a reason for it to fail now. Let me know what happens.

- Frank