Subject: Re: problems at server.pasta.cs.uit.no (anoncvs.no.netbsd.org)?
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Feico W. Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 02:56:11
On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 05:39:18PM +0200, Sean Doran wrote:

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I'm on a two week vacation right
now, while our server is experiencing hardware problems (don't want to
blame NetBSD yet). I understand the server has been down for at least
a day for a thorough hardware checkup, which unfortunately hasn't
resulted in finding or curing the problem. The symptoms are that one
SCSI disk locks up now and then (requiring a reboot to fix) or NetBSD
panics with a SCSI error message (and reboots, ddb is disabled). This
used to happen very infrquently (once in a couple of weeks/months) but
it happens more and more often (few times a week). We're still
clueless towards the cause and what to blame/fix. I might ask here for
some help soon giving more details... but right now, I am barely and
rarely online (and somewhat enjoying that for a change ;). I hope it
will survive (wit the occasional reboot) untill I'm back (and some
more to figure out what's wrong).

Feico Dillema.