Subject: rpcbind trouble - Linux cannot mount nfs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 02:38:34
Hi,

for the record: I'm using a -current build from sources cvs updated
2000-06-06, 19:49 GMT, i. e. Tuesday evening.

After upgrading from portmap to rpcbind, my Linux (RedHat 6) machine
cannot mount the NetBSD server's filesystems any more.

The showmount or mount commands hang in a connect system call, which
is recognized and logged, but seemingly never completed by rpcbind.

Until now, everything was fine using portmap.

I have no idea where to look, other NetBSD (1.4.2/amiga and
1.4ZA/i386) computers can mount the filesystems just fine.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: it's not free beer, but it's free