Subject: Re: NOTICE: pcvt on its death bed
To: NetBSD-Current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2000 11:46:56
> If their are no significant issues raised by Saturday night (11JUN2000
> 0000Z) -- that is, PRs giving detailed information on situations where
> pcvt works and wscons does not, hearsay and vague comments will not be
> accepted -- pcvt will be removed from the i386 port permanently.

Waah.

This is a conspiracy, isn't it?  First we implement the bastard son of
runlevels, the rape of rc.conf, and now they are nicking the console
driver I've used for years...

It's part of the bigger plan - to remove practically everything I like
about NetBSD...  (paranoid?  moi?)

Is there at least a way of packaging it up so those of us who do like
it can use it?

Tata,
Tim.

--