Subject: Re: curses!
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2000 16:13:30
> Just in case I forgot something, I edited termcap.src as per your suggestion,
> built and installed a new termcap/termcap.db, removed
> Xterm*ttyModes: erase ^? from .Xresources and xrdb'd.
> Nothing changed - what did I miss? (I press the key, it returns [3~, your
> new termcap entry says this means kD delete-character, but xterm doesn't make
> use of it?)

Seems fine.  Hmm.  Don't we have Xfree 4 now?  I wonder if xterm needs the
'xterm-xf86-v40' entry.  Can you add (or create a ~.termcap containing) :

xterm-xf86-v40:tc=xterm-xf86-v33:

I see that the 'master' entry for v40 also has 'kD=\177'.  If the above
doesn't work, could you try :

xterm-xf86-v40:kD=\177:tc=xterm-xf86-v33:

?  Thanks,

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/