Subject: Re: curses!
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2000 19:37:56
According to Patrick Welche:

>So yes, kb=backspace key is the most likely bit to get truncated.
>I don't know if the order matters: elm complains about
>Your terminal does not support the "move cursor up" function (cm).
>yet it is near the middle of the entry.

That is odd.  I shall check out a copy of elm and see what I can find
out.

>As you say:
>csh:  Erase is backspace. Word too long.
>sh:   Erase is backspace. setenv: not found (bis)
>ksh:  Erase is backspace. ksh: setenv: not found (bis)
>bash: Erase is backspace. bash: setenv: command not found (bis)

Ahh I bet you just ran the shell from a csh shell, didn't you?  This
does not set $SHELL so tset was emitting the incorrect commands for
the shell.  Try setting $SHELL appropriately and see what happens.

>Using a 1 May 2000 xsrc tree, and compiling that xterm fixes the backspace
>problem. The TERMCAPs are identical (bar the ZZ pointer obviously).

Hmmm very odd.  I know that some new code for xterm was imported
recently so maybe that caused a glitch.

> The
>lynx/mutt/elm reverse video problems remain. So there are 2 problems, and
>one is due to xterm..

Please try the tset again with the correct $SHELL...