Subject: Re: joystick port on eap?
To: Jeff Rizzo <>
From: David Maxwell <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2000 23:37:01
On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 06:05:59PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Anyone know the magic incantation necessary to get the joystick port on
> an eap board (one of the newer, AC97 boards with ES1371) to work?
> The
> joy*    at pci?                         # Game ports (usually on audio cards)
> doesn't work, and neither does
> joy0    at isa? port 0x201
> ... and I want a control for my new car MP3 player!  :)
> Any bright ideas?  The board sounds great, but now I wanna use the joystick
> port!

The eap driver doesn't initialize the joystick port. I couldn't find any
example of a pci device supporting joy0 at pci?, so I'm not sure why it's
there - 'already'.

It shouldn't be very hard to get going - good docs are available for
the eap. Joystick support is low on my personal priority list though.

David Maxwell,| -->
If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown