Subject: Re: problems with recursive removal of hierarchy that's loopback mounted from NFS
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2000 20:08:54
On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 10:30:26AM -0500, Bob Nestor wrote:
> I don't know if it's related, but I'm seeing some funny stuff with NFS
> mounted filesystems too.  I've got the current source tree NFS mounted
> and I'm trying to do a "make release" on a client system.  Every so often
> I'm seeing "permission denied" on file accesses.  The build is running as
> [...]

Are you playing with mount/unmount while doing this ?
When you mount or unmount a file system, mountd will redo an export list
and there is a small window in which ine filesystem is not exported.
The effect of this is that the client gets a 'permission denied' on any
access in this windows.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>