Subject: tftpd wierdness
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/2000 08:57:34
I'm trying to netboot a CATS board from a -current i386 box. dhcpd works
fine, but when the board tries to tftp the kernel, the connection just times
out. The funny thing is that the i386 box does respond correctly, but only
after a long time.

I'm wondering if it's because tftpd is listening/responding on the wrong
interface - the i386 box's main ethernet card is fxp0, but the CATS board is
on another network, which the boot server is connected to via de0.
Unfortunately, there's no flag for tftpd like there is for dhcpd that forces
it to listen to de0. Am I coming to the wrong conclusion about the cause of
this? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Edwin