Subject: Re: BSDOBJDIR in crypto-intl ignored
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2000 14:24:18
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:33:39AM +0200, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
>
> > I have BSDOBJDIR set in /etc/mk.conf. This works fine for the
> > main build, but does not work in the crypto-intl subdirectories.
> > In those real obj directories are created instead if symlinks
> > to the real directories. Is this intentional? If not, what
> > should I do?
>
> Did you "make obj" in crypto-intl? Perhaps it isn't included when
> you "make obj" in /usr/src?

Yep, he's complaining about real obj directories, not symlinks.

Is your crypto-intl tree a real subdirectory of BSDSRCDIR ? Symlinks
aren't ok. Part of what the obj code does is pwd the source code
directory, and make sure they agree to the length of BSDSRCDIR. If
crypto-intl is a symlink somewhere else, you'll not have the overlap, so
you get real obj directories.

Take care,

Bill