Subject: Re: have there been any "recent" resolver fixes?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2000 12:35:47
In message <v6u2fmo2dt.fsf@kechara.flame.org>,
Michael Graff writes:

>We hope to have a version of bind9 out that will not require threads,
>but will basically be one large select() or poll() loop.  If someone
>were to write and donate that code, of course, it would happen much
>faster.  :)

Ack. I really hope you meant to say " we hope to have a version of
bind9 out that will not require threads, but will basically use
callbacks to an application-provided select() or poll() loop".

The key issue being, who owns the event loop?  Can one integrate the
bind9 action routines into an existing event-driven app (ala X11)?

The point about writing and contributing is well taken, of course.