Subject: raidframe: machine hangs when starting reconstruction
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2000 19:55:25
Another odd thing I noticed on this machine: if I power a disk down, it's
maked as failed and the box continue running without problem. I can
power if back up and dd from it without problem. But when I start
a reconstruction (raidctl -R) the machine hangs for several 10s of seconds.
In this time there's a lot activity on the non-failed disk of the raid1 *only*
(looking at the led I think it's running at full rate). Then the recontruction
starts (both led of disks start blinking) and the machine unwedges.
Any idea ?

PS: I can't enter ddb because I didn't find how to do it on an alpha
with serial console. a break doesn't semm to work ...