Subject: Re: Mozilla M16
To: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.albedo.art.pl>
From: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2000 13:11:34
On Mon, 22 May 2000, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:

>> Nightly builds of Mozilla (called M16 although it's not been
>> released yet) work great on NetBSD -current with the Linux emulation.
>
>Brian,
>
>I guess we don't need precompiled Mozilla.  We'd like to see Mozilla M16
>compiled from the source code in NetBSD package form.
>
>Do others agree with me?

I had a try at compiling the (friday) source snapshot over the w/end.
Some of the Makefile.in's seem inconsistent in setting the NO_STATIC_LIB
and NO_SHARED_LIB overrides and so it failed building some components
which expected to see a static library rather than a dynamic one. I
eventually ran out of disk space and enthusiasm for fixing the broken
components. I'll try again when I get a bigger disk !

Dave

Dave Tyson                      Phone: 0151-794-3731
Computing Services Dept         Fax:   0151-794-3759
The University of Liverpool     Email: dtyson@liv.ac.uk
Chadwick Building               Web:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson
Peach Street                    Public Domain OS: see www.netbsd.org
Liverpool  L69 7ZF