Subject: Re: pppd
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Emre <emre@TITANIUM.2Y.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2000 15:39:28
On 13-May-00 Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:
>> And not doing adequate testing before committing changes seems to be
>> making other people unhappy.  Perhaps all developers working on IPv6
>> could test their IPv6 changes with*out* "options IPV6", before
>> committing changes, as part of their normal test cycle?
>>
>> that way there would be (almost) nothing for fingers to point at.

I find this a bit unfair.  Users should be the ones who should do the testing,
not the developers (it's in the name "developer").  And complaining that
something broke in -current is very wrong! When you installed -current
you should have taken the risk of breakage or certain things not working.
You run -current at your own risk, so quit bitching when little things go wrong.

Cheers,

--
DSS/DH cryptographic KeyID: 0x69C2B37B (PGP5) | http://ozone.dhs.org
Key fingerprint =  4FAF 6F70 B407 08AE 86EF AC0E 130E 932C 69C2 B37B