Subject: Re: pppd
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2000 01:05:19
>>If so, then *that*, is, as they say, a fair cop.  Let me say that
>>Itojun is being very, very proactive about fixing the breakage; but
>>its still closing the stable door after the horse has, uh, broken.
>As long as no *release* version has this problem, I'm not entirely offended.
>This may sound crazy, especially given that my Mom's laptop runs -current
>as of Tuesday or so, but I generally *expect* -current to include code that
>needs more testing, or partially-completed work.

exactly.  current comes with the caveat that it's not even guaranteed
to compile (

   NetBSD-current is a daily snapshot of the NetBSD development source
   tree. Because it is ``work in progress,'' it may not be particularly
   well tested, and it may not even compile.

i think that sort of *implies* that it might not work exactly right
from day to day.