Subject: Re: X11 and touchscreen
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/2000 14:13:47
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Matthias Drochner wrote:

>Does anyone have some experiences how to get a touchscreen
>working with X11?
>I've got some Panel-PC for testing; the touchscreen is connected
>to the third serial line, seems to be a "microtouch" according
>to the windows driver.
>None of the known mouse protocols seems to work.
>Any hints?

According to the Xfree86 website, there is XInput extension support
for the MicroTouch touch screen.  And the serial protocol is documented
on the MicroTouch website.

I'd be interested to know if you get it working.  I currently have something
running under NT which uses a touchscreen, and I'd rather like to move it
to a real operating system (although it would have to be Solaris (or Linux!)
because I need NIS+ client support).

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |