Subject: Re: -current sendmail cancer in IPv4-only kernel
To: Steve Deering <deering@cisco.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2000 23:06:38
In message <v04220801b53d4225624f@[171.71.38.64]>,
Steve Deering writes:

>No, when I said "remove support for IPv4", I was using hyperbole and
>was referring to deleting IPv4 altogether.  If people were proposing to
>do *that*, then I said I could appreciate your unhappiness (which was
>meant to be understood as understatement).

Nobody is suggesting deletig Ipv4. It's merely the level of support
NetBSD provides, in its precompiled releases, for crusty young farts
like me who choose to run IPv6-less kernels.

[... IPv6 and cellphones]

Wow. Very interesting. I've recently gotten involved in the other
side of WAP, and with telcos are very definitely doing IPv4-based
celluar/WAP deployment.

But (as I said elsewhere) lets discuss that off this list.