Subject: Re: -current sendmail cancer in IPv4-only kernel
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2000 22:22:14
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> I've never said that NetBSD should not include IPv6, or not ship it.
> what I *have* been vocal about is that NetBSD binary distributions
> should continue to work with*OUT* IPv6: i.e., on IPv4-only kernels.
> (I _have_ said NetBSD should consider shipping non-V6 kernels as well,
> for people who don't want V6.  Equating that with being pro-stagnation
> of the Internet is just silly).

We had one sendmail config file -- one -- a nice editable text file,
even -- that needed to have one line removed to work on a v4 only
system. It has even been fixed for the shipped default case. No one
has ever suggested that NetBSD should not be able to run on a v4 only
system.

To repeat, NO ONE HAS EVER SUGGESTED WHAT YOU ARE COMPLAINING
ABOUT. All that we argued about for about five minutes was whether one
sendmail config file could assume a GENERIC kernel was in place, and
that isn't even an issue any more.

Please calm down.

--
Perry Metzger		perry@piermont.com