Subject: Re: -current sendmail cancer in IPv4-only kernel
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2000 09:27:32
>BTW, I agree that sendmail should detect that there is no v6 support
>in a kernel and not bomb, but that's another thread.

	It looks to be not possible, or sendmail is not designed so.
	sendmail assumes that anything written on configuration file is sane
	with the underlying environment.  Also, we cannot automatically turn
	IPv6 with old configuration file, since old configuration file can
	choke with incoming IPv6 connections (example: ORBS checks in old
	sendmail.cf.  they sometimes assume that client address is represented
	by dotted-quad).

	So I'll try to roll two sendmail.cf, and switch them in rc.d/sendmail
	based on IPv6 availability.

itojun