Subject: Re: -current sendmail cancer in IPv4-only kernel
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2000 20:36:10
In message <23476.957754153@coconut.itojun.org>itojun@iijlab.net writes

>	Can you give me the pointer to the source of your quote?
>	I think he meant that, even when IPv6 is get deployed, IPv4 will stay
>	there for very long time - IPv4 is already too well deployed and
>	we can't completely remove IPv4 boxes from the world.

No, he means IPv6  may in fact never be deployed, in the sense that
ATM to the desktop or ISO OSI was never widely deployed. Steve has been
quite clear aboutthat every tim I've seen him speak at research venues.

>	We (I mean KAME guys and other people) are REAL serious about getting
>	IPv6 deployed.  We are not just doing research/experiment, we really
>	are trying to get IPv6 deployed.

Sure. but that doesnt mean it'll happen,  or that hardware vendors
will follow suit, or that IPv6 will ever really supplant IPv4.
or that the prolbems with IPv6 will acutally be solved.

i appreciate the effort to keep away from religious war, so I'll leave
it there.