Subject: Re: -current sendmail cancer in IPv4-only kernel
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2000 21:20:58
On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 11:53:07AM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> Errr, no, we must *not* assume Ipv6. Default configuration files must
> continue to work on IPv4-only systems.

We should assume whatever's in GENERIC. If you go through the trouble of
editing out the INET6 option of your config file, it's not unreasonable
to expect that you might have to edit a few more config files. After
all, INET6 is scheduled to be the default in the future.

What should not happen is binaries failing without having the option to
tell them about your non-v6 kernel via a config file, of course.

- Frank