Subject: Re: X11 and touchscreen
To: None <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2000 14:28:17
According to Matthias Drochner:
>Does anyone have some experiences how to get a touchscreen
>working with X11?

Hmmm the last time I played with a touch screen was quite some time
ago but that one simply sprayed back a stream of escape sequences that
gave the touch coordinates.

>None of the known mouse protocols seems to work.
>Any hints?

I am not surprised that none of the mouse protocols work...maybe you
should try the devices in the Xinput section (wacom or elographics)?
Failing that, have you had a look at what is coming out the serial
port?  Perhaps you could rig a mouse emulator that reads the serial
port and translates the movements into mouse type events that get
written to a named pipe that X can read..