Subject: Re: recommendations for 802.11 DS 2.4 GHz 11Mb cards?
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2000 11:17:00
> What's a good PC card with NetBSD driver that does 802.11 Direct
> sequence in the 2.4 GHz frequency range at 11Mb/s?
> (e.g. aironet base stations that will be used at USENIX)

I'm successfully using the Lucent WaveLAN silver cards - NetBSD installation
is realy easy, if you need to run Windows, you might have some fun ;-)

I must admit that I'm disapointed by the performance, ftp rate is a bit more
than 500 kByte/s, although the card tells me it's using 11 Mbit mode.

I would have prefered a real PCI card, but that does not seem to be available
anywhere.

Martin