Subject: Build questions
To: None <>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/2000 13:21:47
Hi all. When doing a `make release' (-current of April 27) on my
macppc machine, everything builds fine (save for a minor error in
games/robots/score.c and games/mille/print.c). However, when making
the release, I get warnings about two header files not being found
(powerpc/vm_param.h and one more I forgot), that could
not be found (but exists in the tree), and a few
warnings about gdb not being found. Should I worry?
Another thing is that when I install the system from the just
generated release, not all header files seem to be be updated. `make
includes'  does the trick though.
Finally, how do I build the installation part of the distribution
(floppies & GENERIC_MD)?
Best regards,
Dr. Hans-Christian Becker (
Department of Physical Chemistry
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden