Subject: Re: Kerberos questions
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/2000 01:56:25
On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:12:11PM -0500, Tracy J. Di Marco White wrote:

> }>I wanted to use Kerberos 5 on a NetBSD/i386 machine I'm setting up, but
> }>when I log in I'd like to get Kerberos 4 tickets as well as Kerberos 5
> }>tickets.  I'm authenticating against a Kerberos 5 KDC, and I do get
> }>a Kerberos 5 ticket at login.  Does anyone have instructions on how to
> }>get both?

The klogin we're running right now doesn't currently support V4
tickets when compiled with KERBEROS5 defined.  I'll try to fix that
this weekend, or sooner.

Ken Hornstein wrote:
> }(Note: this is with US crypto) You can tell login to get a V4 ticket;
> }kinit doesn't (currently) have that ability.  _If_ you are running
> }krb524d, you can run krb524init after you get a V5 ticket; otherwise,
> }you're outta luck.

Well, that's how it is in MIT's tree, but the NetBSD code is mostly
based on someone's old attempt at integrating kerberos5, apparently
without using MIT code.  This missing feature was an oversight on
my part, and I'll try to fix it.

--aidan