Subject: Re: Kerberos questions
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2000 15:46:46
>I wanted to use Kerberos 5 on a NetBSD/i386 machine I'm setting up, but
>when I log in I'd like to get Kerberos 4 tickets as well as Kerberos 5
>tickets.  I'm authenticating against a Kerberos 5 KDC, and I do get
>a Kerberos 5 ticket at login.  Does anyone have instructions on how to
>get both?

You mean you get a V5 ticket from the login program, or when you run
kinit?

(Note: this is with US crypto) You can tell login to get a V4 ticket;
kinit doesn't (currently) have that ability.  _If_ you are running
krb524d, you can run krb524init after you get a V5 ticket; otherwise,
you're outta luck.

--Ken