Subject: Re: Kerberos questions
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2000 14:45:32
}> I wanted to use Kerberos 5 on a NetBSD/i386 machine I'm setting up,
}> but when I log in I'd like to get Kerberos 4 tickets as well as
}> Kerberos 5 tickets.

}Are you using -us or -intl (or something else)? The question is
}relevant for both client and server ends.

I'm using -us for the client, the server is MIT Kerberos.

}For the -intl side you can't do what you want, since there isn't any
}krb4 in -intl at all. I don't know what the situation for -us looks
}like.

}For stock Heimdal you would enable [libdefaults] krb4_get_tickets in
}your krb5.conf. I guess that you have to do something similar with the
}MIT code, but I think it involves some kind of 524 daemon.

I did set krb4_get_tickets to true on my client.  Logging in still, as
far as I can tell, only gets K5 tickets.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu