Subject: Kerberos questions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2000 10:31:53
I asked essentially this question on tech-crypto, with no replies.  I
thought I'd try here before giving up.

I wanted to use Kerberos 5 on a NetBSD/i386 machine I'm setting up, but
when I log in I'd like to get Kerberos 4 tickets as well as Kerberos 5
tickets.  I'm authenticating against a Kerberos 5 KDC, and I do get
a Kerberos 5 ticket at login.  Does anyone have instructions on how to
get both?  (Most of our Kerberos clients are still using Kerberos 4, and
I need to run some programs that use Kerberos 4 tickets.) If I can't get
both Kerberos 4 & 5 tickets at login, I'll need to reinstall the machine
as just Kerberos 4.

Thanks for any help.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager