Subject: Re: amd and bfd problem? (linking libs)
To: Matt Thomas ,Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2000 09:40:12
At 07:38 AM 4/27/00 -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
>At 11:24 PM 4/26/00, Chuck McManis wrote:
> >Building -current on the VAX has run into a couple of problem in both
> EGCS and amd. In both cases there is a library (libbfd in the egcs case
> and libamu in the amd case) that isn't quite built.
>
>I did a complete build a week ago with no errors.

Ok, the only thing that seems to have changed in the last week was 'ld'
with the -rpath fix.

> >In both of these cases the Makefile in the library subdirectory has has
> "MKLINKLIB=no",
>It there because only the shared version of the library is being
>made.  Unless you have
>NOPIC= in your mk.conf, this should not be a problem.

Did you build with objdirs? Can you go back to the obj tree and verify that
only libamu_pic and libamu.so, libbfd_pic and libbfd.so exist?

Clearly making _pic the load target is stupid since that leaves the
executables as object files rather than programs. I'm guessing egcs is
involved again somehow. Sigh.
--Chuck