Subject: amd and bfd problem? (linking libs)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/2000 23:24:46
Building -current on the VAX has run into a couple of problem in both EGCS
and amd. In both cases there is a library (libbfd in the egcs case and
libamu in the amd case) that isn't quite built.

In both of these cases the Makefile in the library subdirectory has has
"MKLINKLIB=no", consequently when later programs are linked with -lbfd or
-lamu they don't find a library to link againt. There is a libbfd_pic.a and
a libamu_pic.a in the obj directory however.

So could someone tell me if the correct fix is to change the link lines to
-lbfd_pic and -lamu_pic or what to get this to build. (the obvious fix of
commenting out the MKLINKLIB also works but I'm obviously missing why it is
there in the first place)

--Chuck