Subject: Quake 3 under Linux emulation
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 19:35:13
Incase anybody didn't know, the Quake 3 Arena deom runs great under Linux
emulation. I unpacked binaries for utah-glx (from
http://linuxmafia.org/pcentral/) into /emul/linux, and the game runs
fine (well, "fine" being "as good as the nVidia drivers are
(which are crap BTW)"). However, the install script dies with
'function: not found' so I had to install it with a Linux box and then ftp
it over. I tried running the (massive) script through sed, to replace
every instance of /bin/sh with /usr/pkg/bin/bash, but again it died with
the same error. Anybody else had this problem?

Jared