Subject: Re: build whacked from bsd.prog.mk change?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 13:39:05
At 01:08 PM 4/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm in the same boat, here (minus the VAX boat anchor).  I've had some
>stuff come up and evaluate to '-Wl,-R/lib'...hmm, maybe a different
>boat after all.

That would be one bsd.prog.mk version out of date relative to -current :-)

I fixed it by changing it to -Wl,"-rpath-link $DESTDIR/usr/lib" since "-Wl"
is "pass this to the linker" but in order to pass an option that itself
takes and argument you have to protect it by quotes.

Don't know if this is the correct fix but it works for now. What is pretty
clear is that the system won't build as it is currently written. Anyone can
verify this by using -m /usr/src/share/mk to their build command. (Which I
do by default now in my build script since this kind of thing isn't exactly
rare :-))

>I've changed my /etc/mk.conf to handle both the system cases and the pkg
>cases.  It seems to work now...

Do you have a diff?

--Chuck