Subject: build whacked from bsd.prog.mk change?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2000 11:41:37
Is there a mapping of CVS id's to email addresses? 'mrg' changed
bsd.prog.mk on April 14th to include '-Wl,-rpath-link,$DESTDIR/usr/lib' and
it breaks building on the VAX in a huge way. (Note: using 1.4X as the build
system so I don't _think_ it is another stupid "gee I checked in this
feature to gcc and changed the build to depend on it at the same time" kind
of moves.) The complaint comes from ld which is trying to open
$DESTDIR/usr/lib as a link component and since it is a directory it bombs
out with "not a archive or rel object."

If someone could enlighten me to what it should _really_ say, I'd
appreciate it and restart my build (these things take 3 days on the VAX so
they are a pain to restart folks!)

--Chuck