Subject: Re: run levels (was Re: The new rc.d stuff...)
To: Andrew Brown <>
From: Greywolf <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2000 11:00:56
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Andrew Brown wrote:

# ># all i'm trying to get across is that netbsd doesn't just have two "run
# ># levels", it has five, if you look at them the way that system v looks
# ># at them.  and it'd be really easy to change shutdown so that you could
# ># say "shutdown and reboot" or "shutdown and halt" or even "shutdown and
# ># poweroff".  synonyms.
# >
# >Don't make me speak English to my machine, please :_)
# >"shutdown -r", "shutdown -h" and "shutdown -p" work *just fine*, thanks.
# "who am i"?
# or perhaps the colors would be better?  "shutdown go black"?

"...and what a spectacular vault by Andrew Brown, ladies and gentlemen."
"Yeah, Stu, he really got some airspeed from Greywolf's backside punt,

Come on, now.  I mean, I use "who . ."!

It doesn't even print host!user anymore; why bother? :-)
["That's a -- I say, that's a joke,'re supposed to laugh."]

BSD: the free unix for the rest of us.