Subject: Re: Sample mk.conf file for /etc?
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2000 15:36:40
On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

# On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Greywolf wrote:
# > That's kind of counterintuitive, considering that most of the example
# > stuff goes under /usr/share/examples/{program}.
#
# Although mk.conf _is_ for pkgsrc, it's probably a better idea to ship it
# within pkgsrc itself. It's not needed otherwise, right?

Greetings, O Shady One.

mk.conf is NOT just for pkgsrc if it's in /etc.  It's for building any-
thing, really.  For example, I put the directives in there so that it
doesn't build profiling libs when I build my system (I use them so
infrequently...).

#
# Jared
#
#

				--*greywolf;
--
If anyone requests a reason as to why Windows NT is inferior to UNIX,
refer them to the process scheduler, for starters.  Of course, users