Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: John Nemeth <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2000 16:13:30
>} conf files should reside in /etc/init.d and the rcn.d contents should
>     This is the first beef.  Which rc.d directory should a link be
>placed.  Note that to make things worse, some vendors run K* scripts
>for the level they are going from, and some run them for the level they
>are going to.  What should the number be?

common sense tells me that the K* scripts should be run from the level
you're going *to*.  it's far easier to say "i don't want nfs served at
this level" than to have to provide start scripts for nfs at the
levels you *do* want it (and stop scripts, for the case where you
might be going to a level where you don't want it).