Subject: Re: New NCR driver
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2000 11:48:55
On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 04:26:55PM +0200, Pållen wrote:
> I'm running the ncr driver of 1.4.2 on my 53c875 without any problems at
> all. Is there any benefits using your new driver?

If your hardware runs properly with the ncr driver, then you don't have
any interest to switch yet, siop would be much slower.
However, I indend to have a separate driver for the 825/875/895 which
should have better performances than the ncr driver (ncr uses the same
script for all boards, so doesn't use some of the features of the newer
adapters).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>