Subject: Missing symlink in emulators/suse_devel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/2000 22:23:48
I had to create a linux binary today and used the great suse_devel pkg.
After fixing the obvious things and fighting with the makefile (argh!)
I got a lot of undefined externals: fstat13 and several others, looking
very suspiciouly like NetBSD specifics functions.

All were caused by libstdc++ not being found in /emul/linux, so c++ used
our native version.

That's bad, but adding a symlink in /emul/linux/usr/lib fixed it.

Now I searched for the culprit and would try to fix it, but it seems the
gppshare.rpm file is missing this symlink. I don't know if it is present on a
real linux system, or not found there and then c++ continues trying other
names...

Could anyone check how this works (or if it doesn't) on linux?