Subject: Sharing source tree between architectures
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2000 16:43:28
I'm trying to share my NetBSD sources between my various architectures
but I run into problems with make build.

Here's what I have in my /etc/mk.conf:

MKOBJ=          yes
OBJMACHINE=     yes
USR_OBJMACHINE= yes
BSDSRCDIR=      /usr/src
BSDOBJDIR=      /usr/src/obj/o

I can build and install every subtree now (after make obj of course),
but the top-level makefile gives me headaches.

make build fails with

[...]
(cd /usr/src/share/mk && make install)
make  includes
make: don't know how to make includes. Stop
[...]
(if UPDATE is set)

or

[...]
install -r  -c   -o root -g wheel -m 444  bsd.sys.mk /usr/share/mk/bsd.sys.mk
install -r  -c   -o root -g wheel -m 444  sys.mk /usr/share/mk/sys.mk
make  cleandir
make: don't know how to make cleandir. Stop
[...]
(if UPDATE is unset).

And a "make install" fails very similar. IIRC it fails because
it doesn't "know how to make whatis.db".

This is with current supped yesterday on i386, sparc, arm32 and macppc.
(arm32 and macppc differ in having USE_OBJMACHINE unset and BSDOBJDIR
pointing to a local filesystem); make(1) is updated.

Am I doing something wrong or are the *.mk files borked or something?
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.