Subject: Re: Possible design of the new rc.d rc.conf stuff.
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2000 21:48:09
Yep, I think erh got just about everything, except the conflict warning
stuff.  (I think we can probably live without that, but it would still
be nice to have (TM).)  And a damned fine job of pulling the discussion
together into a coherent whole - Thank You!

The "sense" of conf_dir_preferred still bothers me - I think we need to
make sure that its behaviour is very clearly documented (at the point
of use) to prevent any confusion.

Heck - if this gets implemented, I might actually go and update my /etc
directory (something I try not to do very frequently).  :)

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |