Subject: 1.4X and syncing of disks...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/17/2000 14:21:39
Hello,

I have 1.4X installed and upon executing "shutdown -r" I sometimes see
messages like the following:

  syncing disks... 8 8 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 giving up
  rebooting...

When the machine is rebooted a number of the file systems are not clean
and fsck is run automatically to clean them. This does not happen all the
time, nor I have I seen this on NetBSD 1.4.2

Most of the time the messages are like this:

  syncing disks... 3 2 done
  rebooting...

Any idea what might be causing this, or what I can do to try and figure
out the exact cause of this?

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, Inc.                | Voice    : +1 763 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 763 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |