Subject: ld.elf_so heads up.
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2000 17:16:20
	I made some changes to the elf dynamic loader to set __progname
and environ before library init sections get called.  I am also changing
crt0 on elf platforms to set these only if linked statically.  Because of
this, make sure that, if you install the new crt0, you BUILD AND INSTALL A
NEW LD.ELF_SO before trying to build dynamically linked binaries.
"make build" does the right thing.

	Also, the changes to crt0 were nearly identical across all elf ports,
but I only have i386 and alpha to test on.  If you have any of:
	m68k, mips, powerpc, sh3, sparc, sparc64, vax
please check if it works correctly.  I have a couple test programs at